Welcome to the HASTI Website!
Hoosier Association of Science Teachers, Inc.
Goals and Member Benefits:
If you are involved in the advancement, stimulation, extension, improvement and/or coordination of science education in Indiana, we would like you to join our efforts!
As a member of HASTI you will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in the annual conference, which is now attended by over 2000 science educators annually!
- Receive The Hoosier Science Teacher, a journal of professional articles, and the Sci-Ed-ogram, a newsletter on science developments
- Keep abreast of developments in school science programs through association meetings and publications
- Publicize innovation practices you are trying in your classroom
- Keep aware of upcoming meetings, institutes, and workshops of interest to science educators, K-16.
- Serve as a resource person
- Be a part of a group effort to improve the quality of science education in Indiana schools
Membership Login Instructions
Existing Members: If you renewed your membership in the past year, please click the “Login” tab at the top of this screen. Your profile information has already been uploaded into the system. You may reset your password on the profile page.
New Members: If your membership has lapsed during the past year, please click the “New Members Register Here” tab at the top of this screen. Then, enter your email address into the New Users email field box and click "LOGIN." You will then be asked to create your profile and will be given instruction on how to begin your membership.
Downloadable Form: Alternatively, you may download your membership form and send it in via mail, email or fax. To download the form, click here. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the HASTI Registrar (contact information below).
If you are unsure whether you are a member in good standing, please click here and enter your email address. Then, click on “forgot password.” If you are a member in good standing, an email will be sent to you with your password information. If you are not a member in good standing, the system will not recognize your email address and you will need to click the “New Members Register Here” tab at the top of the screen. Then, enter your email address into the New Users email field box and click "LOGIN." You will then be asked to create your profile and will be given instruction on how to begin your membership.
- Active Member dues are $30
- Associate Member dues are $30
- Retired Member Dues are $15
- Student Member Dues are $15
If you would like additional information about HASTI, the Annual Conference, or Joining please visit the HASTI Website.
1101 N. Delaware St., Ste. 200
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Toll Free Phone: 877-HASTI99
We are proud to announce that longtime HASTI member and past president Carolyn Hayes has been elected to the position of President-Elect for NSTA. Congratulations Carolyn!
Using Buoy Data to Teach about Lake Michigan Conditions and Current Issues
August 6, 2014 • 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. • Purdue University North Central, Technology Building T219
Sponsored by Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant Program and Purdue University
For Indiana and Illinois science, math, and geography teachers (Grades 7-12)
Participants will receive:
- Ideas for data-rich, STEM-based classroom activities
- A stipend for developing a data-infused lesson
- CEUs for participation
- The opportunity to interact with Great Lakes biologists and engineers
Space is limited—Sign up now! Visit http://www.iisgcp.org/temp/IndianaTeacherBuoyWorkshop.pdf to apply.
44th Annual HASTI Conference: The Nature of Science
February 11-13, 2015 • Indiana Convention Center